After the enactment of Lumbini Development Trust Act. 1985, Lumbini Development Trust (LDT) is formed with the following objectives.
Major objectives of the lumbini development trust
Subject to the policy approved by His Majesty’s Government the objectives of the Trust shall be as follows :
- To obtain or arrange for obtaining contributions in cash or kind, or any other type of assistance for the Plan from any sector within or outside the kingdom of Nepal.
- To collect or arrange for collecting contribution for the Plan from any sector within or outside the Kingdom of Nepal .
- To establish direct contacts with individuals or institutions within or outside the Kingdom of Nepal for the purpose of obtaining assistance or collecting contributions for the Plan.
- To make funds available for the plans approved after analysing work plan.
- To depute a member or any other person to inspect, whether or not funds allocated, for specific programmes as approved by the Lumbini Development Council have been properly utilized.
- To introduce changes in the work plan if deemed necessary in the interest of the plan.
- To constitute committees and sub committees within or outside the Kingdom of Nepal as required for fulfilling the Plan.
- To evaluate the functions and operations of Committees and Sub-Committees.
- To formulate policies for the committees and sub-committees.
- To maintain close and co-operative relations with His Majesty’s Government of Nepal.
- To perform or arrange for the performance of other necessary functions in order to achieve the objectives of the Trust.
The Lumbini Development Trust, an autonomous, non-governmental and non-profit: making organization, was first constituted in 1985 and Board of Trustees was formed under the Lumbini Development Act, 2042 (1985) with His Late Majesty the King Birendra Bir Bikram Shah Deva of Nepal as its patron.